Cheryl’s Walking Holidays came about when someone from Ireland contacted me for a group trip to Ireland with the Forest Hill Walk Club. It is exciting for me to bring small groups on these well-organized walking holidays for captivating moments in nature and ancient history.
For many reasons, walking holidays could be a welcomed holiday for you and others:
- See places you would only see on foot
- Explore the natural landscape of a place with walking trails and fully guided walks or hikes
- Benefit from being active every day
- You get away from it ALL
- Be social for your better health
- Learn new things including historical and ancient information
- The overarching message would be BALANCE and FUN
You decide which parts are of interest to you.
If you could sum up Ireland in 10 words or less, what would you say?
- Friendly, musical, breathtaking vistas with amazing history and traditions.
- Green, musical, breathtaking views, colourful doors, friendly people and ancient.
- Emerald, manicured, wet, magical, fun, musical, historical, beautiful, majestic, interesting.
- I thoroughly enjoyed the trip – so very very diverse in every way!
- Hikes, entertainment, scenery, personalities, food, accommodation, etc.etc.
- Thank you so much for organizing this trip. Ireland has a soul and you can really feel it.
- I liked the group photos we took at various locations (e.g. Rock of Cashel).
- It’s a unique reminder of our shared adventures.
- I loved it and want to go back.
These walking holidays occur once a year in June (for the time being), and they are supported by a certified TICO travel provider a.k.a. a travel agent or of like business (different country). This has to be in place to protect travelers.
Monthly gatherings with a presentation are held at the Toronto Health Studio for your viewing pleasure, to ask questions, and to meet the others that are traveling. For information on these gatherings join the Facebook page (under Events) or join the Forest Hill Walk Club Meet-up group or contact Cheryl.
To learn about upcoming and past walking holidays click on the links below. Every link includes the itinerary, trip details, and FAQs. All questions are welcomed. Sign-up for the walking holiday updates.
Magical Newfoundland Walking Holidays June 2021 (TBA shortly)
Book a seat on the bus? Have a question? If you or someone you know is interested in any of the walking holidays, contact Cheryl Millett. This is a good place to include your questions.
For future information and interesting facts, join the email list for updates.