Ireland’s Hidden North Walking Holiday
June 10-19, 2019
Welcome! Ireland’s Hidden North is a private walking holiday created by Away A ‘Wee’ Walk for Cheryl’s Walking Holidays.
Stunning Walks . Breathtaking Views . Ancient Sites . Local Culture
Irish Villages . History . Fun Activities
Let’s come together to share in the experience of Ireland. We will be travelling in both the Republican of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Is Ireland on your bucket list? Yes. Either way for your convenience, a Powerpoint presentation has been created with the trip details and itinerary:
In June 2018, a group of 18 travelled to Ireland for a walking holiday. Here is what the group shared…
If you could sum up Ireland in 10 words or less, what would you say?
- Friendly, musical, breathtaking vistas with amazing history and traditions.
- Green, musical, breathtaking views, colourful doors, friendly people and ancient.
- Emerald, manicured, wet, magical, fun, musical, historical, beautiful, majestic, interesting.
- I thoroughly enjoyed the trip – so very very diverse in every way!
- Hikes, entertainment, scenery, personalities, food, accommodation, etc.etc.
- Thank you so much for organizing this trip. Ireland has a soul and you can really feel it.
- I liked the group photos we took at various locations (e.g. Rock of Cashel).
- It’s a unique reminder of our shared adventures.
- I loved it and want to go back.
If this walking holiday is of interest to you, contact us today to book your seat and/or if you are keen to learn about this walk or any future walks, you may sign-up for the eNews for updates.
For information on the June 2018 holiday go to Ireland Holiday
Memories of walking Ireland during your lifetime
In June 2019 and to experience this beautiful land called Eire or Ireland, we are planning our adventure with a maximum of 16 people versus a 50 seater coach, so we can explore areas where coaches and large groups cannot reach.
Eimear Flanagan of Away A Wee Walk will be our trip specialist, planner, and guide for the entire trip. Contact Eimear with any questions www.AwayAWeeWalk.com +44 78 3770 3643 or email@example.com. Together, Eimear and Cheryl provide you with an unique getaway.
“Feel the wind in your hair, hear the waves crashing the shore, watch the gulls dance in the wind, smell the scent of the ocean far below the cliffs, see the sheep grazing right in front of you and bask in the stunning beauty of Ireland’s amazing Causeway coast. All while part of a small group far away from the crowds. Put your walking boots on and let us guide you.”Eimear Flanagan of Away A ‘Wee’ Walk
This vacation is created with a small group in mind so we can also experience walks or hikes off the beaten paths, authentic pubs with real local music and food, ancient sites, and locally owned and operated hotels with plenty of the famous Irish welcome . Check out these ‘best of the best’ walks and sites to see that go along with Eimear’s history degree and Cheryl’s thirst for reading on all things Irish:
1) Mourne Mountains – the Brandy Pad, a smuggling route
2) Rathlin Island – day of cycling and bird watching
3) Causeway Coast – the amazing Giant’s Causeway UNESCO site and 40,000 hexagon shaped basalt columns
4) Glenveigh National Park
5) Slieve League – highest sea cliffs in Europe
6) Stretch breaks and walks in Irish Cities and Villages
Lonely Planet, biggest travel guide in the world, has announced that Belfast and the Causeway Coast wins the #1 best region to visit in 2018…and we are already booked to go in 2019! Short video and articles here
Ireland is also the front page top article this day on Lonely Planet highlighting Ireland cities Dublin and Belfast :
Irish Sights & Activities
1) Newgrange – world heritage site, and Eimear’s favourite attraction in Ireland. An ancient burial chamber that allows light in on the winter solstice – older than Stonehenge in England and the pyramids in Egypt.
2) Irish Bread – Traditional bread making in an Irish home
3) Belfast City – Titanic Belfast (*Voted The Best European Attraction in 2016), city tour, Peace Walls and Murals – great history on the troubles from 1969 to early 1990’s.
4) Antrim Coast – Castles, old fishing villages, Carrick A Rede rope bridge
5) Dark Hedges (Game of Thrones)
6) Derry – city walls built in 1600’s.
8) Hill of Tara
9) Optional Activities – Titanic Belfast, Musical Tour, Guinness Storehouse and more (not included in the holiday costs).
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can go on this holiday?
All is welcomed. The seats are open to all and not just for the members of the Forest Hill Walk Club. Family and friends are welcome. The Forest Hill Walk Club surely heard about it first.
How many days and nights is the holiday?
This holiday is 10 days and 9 nights but some come early or stay longer as they wish.
Where will we be walking in Ireland?
See PDF presentation above for holiday information, walking details, map, and costs.
How long will the walks be?
This is going to be a moderate walking or hiking trip which means most walks will be between 1 to 5 hours (3-8 kms) and we plan on having 5-6 walks during the 10 days with town walks to stretch our legs and venture through the Irish villages.
How much is this holiday going to cost?
Prices quoted are in Sterling/British Pounds. The price will be 1,915 Sterling or approximately $3,190 Cdn per person based on shared accommodation which includes accommodation, all breakfasts, one lunch, dedicated driver and new bus for transportation (wifi and charging stations at every seat on the bus), walks, sights and tours, dedicated travel director and walk guide, . Single occupancy is available 2,390 or approximately $3,980 Cdn. This is land only so everyone will manage their own flights.
Does this Ireland holiday include airfare?
No. You arrange your own airfare and the dates and times that best work for you. This gives everyone the flexibility and how most travel companies are working these days. Some might want to stay longer. Others might want to book their airfare using points. MUST BE AT DUBLIN AIRPORT by noon June 10, 2018 for bus pick-up and first Irish site.
Can I invite my friend or spouse?
Yes. Anyone can invite family and/or friends. This holiday will be on a first come basis. Bookings are managed by Eimear Flanagan of Away A Wee Walk.
Where will we be staying?
All hotels are 3-4 star properties. See above PDF for the names of hotels and their websites.
Do I have to share a room?
No. The cost will be adjusted up for the single accommodation (see above answer or PDF for single supplement costs). But there are only so many single rooms available. On a first come basis.
What if I don’t want to pay the single supplement. Will there be an opportunity to share a room?
Yes. If you don’t know someone going there will be opportunities to share with other walkers travelling by themselves. This will come together as the trip is booking up. I will be sending out a questionnaire to the walkers to make this holiday the best it can be.
Is there a washroom on the bus?
No. The bus rides are not all day and there will be plenty of places to stop at including our walks and sites. On the good side, having a washroom on the bus can be a smelly affair.
Will there be a suggested packing list?
Yes. Plan on it! In order to assure a comfortable trip, the preparation and packing is important. A MUST: raincoat, rain pants, and ankle supportive hiking boots.
Will this be a fragrance free holiday?
Yes. For everyone’s comfort. Plan to pack fragrance free products, such as, shampoo, and skin creams.
Should I purchase trip cancellation insurance?
See presentation as to what is covered by Away A Wee Walk. Not all is covered, such as, if there is something that happens and you cannot travel. If using your credit card, check your credit card company to see what it covers.
What if I have other questions?
Contact either firstname.lastname@example.org or
Cheryl Millett at email@example.com with any questions or comments.