Ireland’s Hidden North Walking Holiday
June 10-19, 2019
Ireland’s Hidden North is a private walking holiday created by Away A ‘Wee’ Walk.
Location was both the Republican of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
If a walking holiday is of interest to you, contact us today if you are keen to learn about future walking holidays, you may sign-up for the eNews for updates.
For information on the June 2018 holiday go to Ireland Holiday
Memories of walking Ireland during your lifetime
In June 2019 and to experience this beautiful land called Eire or Ireland, we are planning our adventure with a maximum of 16 people versus a 50 seater coach, so we can explore areas where coaches and large groups cannot reach.
Ireland 2019 Hikes
1) Mourne Mountains – the Brandy Pad, a smuggling route
2) Rathlin Island – day of cycling and bird watching
3) Causeway Coast – the amazing Giant’s Causeway UNESCO site and 40,000 hexagon shaped basalt columns
4) Glenveigh National Park
5) Slieve League – highest sea cliffs in Europe
6) Stretch breaks and walks in Irish Cities and Villages
Irish Sights & Activities
1) Newgrange – world heritage site, and Eimear’s favourite attraction in Ireland. An ancient burial chamber that allows light in on the winter solstice – older than Stonehenge in England and the pyramids in Egypt.
2) Irish Bread – Traditional bread making in an Irish home
3) Belfast City – Titanic Belfast (*Voted The Best European Attraction in 2016), city tour, Peace Walls and Murals – great history on the troubles from 1969 to early 1990’s.
4) Antrim Coast – Castles, old fishing villages, Carrick A Rede rope bridge
5) Dark Hedges (Game of Thrones)
6) Derry – city walls built in 1600’s.
8) Hill of Tara
9) Optional Activities – Titanic Belfast, Musical Tour, Guinness Storehouse and more (not included in the holiday costs).